Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sept. 16, 2012 HE CALLED!!!

Ok, I know our missionaries are not suppose to call except on Mother's Day and Christmas, but, I got a surprise tonight that I wasn't expecting.  I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner and the phone rang.  I looked at the caller ID and it was an international number.  I reluctantly picked up the receiver and said hello?  I heard some loud giggling and then, "Hi MOM!...giggle."  I said, "Spencer, is that you?  What are you doing?"  He said, "I'm at a member's house and he asked for my home number and he dialed it."  I asked him what he was having for dinner and he said chicken and rice and green beans.  That made me happy because that was a typical Sunday dinner at our house.  He then said something is Spanish, giggled some more and then there was a click and he was gone.  I just wanted to say I love you, but it all happened so quickly.  Boy did that phone call put my mind at ease.  I know he is doing well, and he is watched over, but to hear his voice for 30 seconds brought joy to my heart.  I love him and miss him so much, but I am so proud of him and the great work he is doing.  I'm sure he felt badly for calling and that's why he hung up so quickly, but I hope he was as happy as I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment