Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jan 7, 2013 HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELDER OLSEN


This week in my letter to Spencer, I told him about a family that is coming to the Gospel Principle class at church.  I told him it would be fun to see how he would teach these people.  That is what his first comments are referring to.  Poor kid didn't have a very good birthday this year.  I still haven't even sent him his package yet.  It's always been a challenge to celebrate his birthday because it's so close to Christmas.  So if anyone wants to send him a quick note to wish him a Happy Birthday, I'm sure he'd appreciate it. Still no pictures, because as you read last post, his brand new camera he left at a Chinese restaurant.  I got a quick call from him the day he lost it, and he wanted to get a new $300 camera because he thought he would take better care of it.  I told him absolutely not and to get the cheapest one he could buy.  This boy drives me crazy!!

Hey mom and everyone,

HAHAHAHA. So you want to know how I teach the Principles of the Gospel class. Well things really haven’t changed in my teaching style since I left haha. I just read the lesson in sacrament meeting. Hahahahahaha. But I now understand how to kind of give a class. A big majority of the time I have to give that class or the YM/YW class or Sunday School haha. Yesterday was the first Sunday of the year. So they still didn’t have the new year’s book. So they asked me right after sacrament meeting was done to teach the young men’s and women’s class. And then they said no that I had to find a teacher for that class and that I had to teach the Sunday school class. So I just taught them how they can help us in mission work. I have given this class/talk like 2 times in this branch haha. Whatever works right haha. 

So yesterday was my bday right. I just wanted to have a little time to rest in the afternoon. So our 1st real cita was at like 530pm and for my bday I just wanted to chill. Man I laid down for like 20 minute, and nope, my companion told me that we had to go out and work. Man my bday sucked in comparison of the last year. Last year I went and ate shrimp and to the beach. And then the Zl’s told me to go take a nap hahaha. Yesterday, just a normal work day.

But... there was a little good about this week. We baptized. Yessssssss! Her name is Marina Torres. She is the aunt of my 1st baptism her, Hrm Glenda. The cool thing about it is that she can’t hear. She is deaf in her right ear and in her left can only hear just a little. And when she was a child she didn’t learn to read nor write so because of that she had never learned really anything about God, just knew one existed. It was a great baptism. That was the big things that happened here haha. I love you guys I’m doing great. And I miss everyone.

Elder Spencer Olsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment