Sunday, November 3, 2013

Oct 17, 2013 Spencer's Homecoming

What a great day Oct 17th was for our family.  We woke up that morning and watched YouTube videos of Missionaries coming home.  We got most of our tears out then.  I had to go to work, and Dad (Allan) and Grandma Linda spent the day cleaning the house. We had made welcome home signs and we hung some up on the garage door.  We left for the airport around 5:45 pm.  I had to drive because I was too nervous.  Of course there was traffic when we got to the 101/202 interchange.  But we got there in plenty of time.  He was flying in at Terminal 2.  No one was at the airport.  It was kind of weird.  It ended up being Mom (Me), Dad (Allan), Mitchell, Garrett, (Brothers), Grandma Linda, Grandpa Clarke, Uncle Mike, Cousin Preston, and Mindy and Chris Smith (Elder Smith's Parents) at the airport.  We had to wait for quit a while for him to come down the tunnel because he was at the back of the plane.  He flew into Houston and then into Phoenix.  When I finally saw him, I started walking towards him and then I ran.  Boy did it feel great to have him in my arms again.  We all hugged him and took pictures.  A HUGE THANK YOU to Mindy and Chris for coming and being our photographers.  

We left the airport and went to In and Out and had burgers and fries.  We had a huge surprise for Spencer.  We were flying her sister, Lauren and Taymar home to spend the week with us.  Well, her plane was delayed so it kind of messed the night up.  We called the Stake Pres. Secretary to see if we could come early.  He said yes, so we went to go see him and Spencer was released.  It was a nice interview.  Then we headed over to the Gateway Airport to pick up Lauren.  Spencer wanted to drive, so I just told him where to go.  He finally figured things out and guessed that Lauren was coming.  It was almost 10pm by the time she got there.  The baby was screaming and we had to stop by Walmart to get formula on the way home.  Spencer was just ready to get home.  It was a long day for all of us.

Saturday, Grandpa Ray flew in and Uncle Brett and his family drove up from Tucson.  We spent the afternoon just visiting and then we headed to San Tan Flats for a BBQ/Fireside Dinner.  It was a beautiful evening.  It was fun.  The RIBS are amazing there.  Brett's Ward was doing their Primary Program so they couldn't stay, so they drove home after we had dinner.

Sunday, Spencer gave a great talk about How to Find Peace Through Forgiveness.  We were so proud of him and the things that he talked about.  We came back to the house after church and had Randy's Chicken for dinner and lots of friends just stopped by.  It was a great day.  We love having him home.  He will be heading to BYU-Idaho in January to start his Education.  

No comments:

Post a Comment